Username: Password: Remember me Lost Password / Register

Warfish, an interesting online multiplayer version of Risk

Games Forums > Browser Games > Warfish, an interesting online multiplayer version of Risk
  • Like the title says, Warfish is an online version of the RISK board game. It's actually a very nice setup, turn based and multiplayer just like the board game. The website navigation takes some getting used to. I spent a lot of time clicking around looking for instructions on how to do certain things in the game, the help/FAQ system could use a major overhaul.

It does have some very nice features, including an excellent map and play system, the ability for players to create their own maps, tweak a mind-numbing number of rules to customize games, and play ranked matches and ladder style tournaments.

My only major complaint about the game is the dice rolling algorithm, which seems very inaccurate, and skew often very badly when using the continuous attack feature (multiple rolls in a row).

At any rate, it's worth checking out, and it's free unless you want a few extra bells and whistles.

It's still in an invite only stage after several years, for some reason. I guess that's all the rage these days after gMail started the fad. If you want an invitation, leave a note and I'll be happy to send one your way.

by harley on February 13, 2009 at 03:57am

• The dice rolling program continues to be really, really, really bad. I think I'm done playin this version of Risk, at least until they fix the dice rolling odds to be in line with reality.

by harley on March 1, 2009 at 01:16am

• can I get an invite?

by royalsfan on May 17, 2011 at 4:42pm

• Sorry RoyalsFan, just now saw this post. If you (or anyone else) is still looking for a way to sign-up and play, you can request an invite here and I will be glad to help you out.

Get a Warfish Beta Invite

Cheers!

by harley on September 15, 2011 at 12:50am

• yo could you plz invite me !!!

by bailey on April 1, 2012 at 02:44am

• could you please invite me !!! i would absolutly love to play !!!

by bailey on May 27, 2012 at 03:04am

• plz invite me !!!

by bailey on May 27, 2012 at 03:10am

• PLZ INVITE ME

by bailey on June 23, 2012 at 05:35am

• Lol poor bailey

by nzadamnz21 on May 30, 2015 at 6:36pm